CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

June 1, 2009

Goodwill Party


Through the blog line I found a fun new (new to me anyway) posting party hosted by Thrifty Decor Chick. The idea is to share your goodwill (thrift store) finds. Well, our nearest goodwill is the next state over (not really as bad as is sounds - just 45 minutes away) so the girls and I ventured out to the next best thing. We have a Resale Shop (yes, that is the name of it) and we went browsing around and ta-da we found this very cute shelf for $2.99. I was tempted to paint it before I put it up, but I think I might like the wood better, I'll have to think about it. The blanket hanging was one my great grandma made me as a baby, the boy and girl figurines came from my grandma (and were broken by my mom as a toddler, but repaired beautifully), the milk glass jar belonged to my grandmother-in-law (is that the right term, who knows?) and the milk glass vase came from my mother-in-law. The bird in the cage was a Christmas ornament on clearance for $.25 and our name is actually the letters W and P and the number 8, all on clearance for $.10 each. So, the whole thing is a grand total of $3.54. I may change the shelf look around and I'm thinking of making a small wall-sized quilt to hang from the bar, but for now I like it.