CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

October 31, 2011

Menu Planning Monday


Happy Halloween!  Some families have a traditional "Halloween dinner" each year, spaghetti because it's quick and filling or Sonic hot dogs because they are *free* or Halloween candy (which is the dinner I remember as a kid, although I'm sure my mother would have made me eat something before the candy, right?).   Our family has never really been into the tradition of a Halloween dinner - until now.  I have a strange feeling that meat hand (yes, you read that right) is now going to be the traditional fare in the Wood household on Halloween  - and why not?  It's terribly gory and my family loves meatloaf.



Monday: Meat Hand with Mashed Brains
Tuesday: Whole roast chicken with mashed potatoes (leftover brains) and gravy
Wednesday: Homemade chicken noodle soup
Thursday: Bubble and Squeak (fried potatoes and smoked sausage)
Friday: Pork chops with baked sweet potatoes (and lots of cinnamon brown sugar)
Saturday: Spaghetti and meatballs
Sunday: Krista's pick - Happy Birthday, Sweetie!


This week we are having our Girl Scout meeting on Tuesday (no meeting on Halloween, of course) so Tuesday night is my quick and easy night.  Although roasting a chicken isn't really quick, it is super easy.

0 had things to say: